This tutorial will show you the step-by-step instructions to install and activate cartoon network on Roku.
Cartoon Network is one of WarnerMedia’s flagship pay-TV channels, and its reach has broadened past American households. The channel is renowned for its original shows, such as Dexter’s Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and many more.
Although Cartoon Network is targeted towards younger audiences, it’s safe to say that many of us adults also enjoy its long-running shows.
Like most other American television networks, Cartoon Network has an online presence over several streaming services. It also got its own TV Everywhere app, which is available on a wide variety of platforms.
Given that the network has an extensive library of original shows, younger members in your family would be intrigued to stream them on-demand.
Those who happen to have a Roku player for video streaming can follow this guide to watch Cartoon Network on Roku, whether you have a cable connection or not.
Watch Cartoon Network on Roku
The Cartoon Network channel is officially available for Roku devices. It offers access to dozens of CN’s original TV shows, with catch-ups to the latest episodes the day after the telecast.
You can also binge-watch the shows season by season, thanks to its complete streaming library. Furthermore, viewers can stream new episodes before they even premiere on television.
Here are a few popular CN originals you can watch on the Cartoon Network Roku channel: Adventure Time, We Bare Bears, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, Infinity Train, Ben 10, Craig of the Creek, Teen Titans Go!, Clarence, Justice League Action, Apple & Onion, etc.
Classics like Dexter’s Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Camp Lazlo, and The Powerpuff Girls are also available for streaming on the channel.
The Cartoon Network Roku channel requires viewers to sign in with a participating cable or satellite television provider. Once signed in, the 2-minute watch time restrictions from episodes will be lifted, and you will start receiving personalized content recommendations.
Features of Cartoon Network Channel on Roku
- Most recent episodes are made available on-demand right after the day of the broadcast.
- Roku users can stream full seasons of CN originals via the Cartoon Network Roku channel.
- Exclusive premiere episodes are shown on the Roku channel before they are aired on television.
- You can enable or disable closed captions directly from the stream player.
- Select full-length TV show episodes that can be streamed when not authenticated with the television provider.
How to Add Cartoon Network Channel to Roku?
Adding the Cartoon Network channel to your Roku device is relatively straightforward, thanks to its official presence on the Roku Channel Store. All you have to do is to go to the Cartoon Network Roku channel page, click the Add channel button, and log in to your Roku account. It will automatically appear on your Roku’s channels list after a minute or so.
Those who would like to add the following channel straight from their Roku devices can go through the instructions below.
- Start with scrolling down the Roku Home screen and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
- Next, select Search Channels from the following options, then enter “Cartoon Network” in the search field using the keyboard overlay.
- Now move to the other side of the Search Channels menu to select the Cartoon Network channel from the results.
- On the next page, click the Add channel You might be asked to confirm your PIN if you have it set up.
Once the Cartoon Network channel is successfully added to your channels list, click OK. You can now return to the Roku Home screen and open the channel from the bottom of the channels list.
To move the Cartoon Network channel to the top, press ✱ on your Roku remote while highlighting it, and click Move channel. You can then freely move the channel to the first row.
How to Activate Cartoon Network on Roku?
The Cartoon Network Roku channel can be easily activated as long as you have a supported cable or satellite TV subscription. Here’s how you can activate it:
- Open the Cartoon Network channel on your Roku first.
- Next, pick the shows you or your children in the house like to watch on the CN TV channel, and click the Start
- Once you are on the main page of the Roku channel, click the gear icon on the upper left corner on the screen, and select Sign in. An activation code should show up on the next page.
- Open the web browser on another device and go to cartoonnetwork.com/activate.
- Now select Roku from the list of devices and wait until you are prompted to enter the activation code. After you enter it, click Continue.
- Choose your TV service provider from the following page, then sign in with your respective account credentials.
Once signed in, the activation screen on the Cartoon Network Roku channel will close on its own. After that, you can stream any show or episode you want.
Watch Cartoon Network on Roku without Cable
The Cartoon Network channel on Roku with a TV Everywhere service, meaning that it’s mandatory to pay for a cable or satellite TV package.
Since many of you here probably are cord-cutters, we have listed a few live TV providers that you can subscribe to get the Cartoon Network TV channel stream on Roku.
AT&T TV NOW
Cartoon Network is available with both AT&T TV NOW’s featured packages: PLUS and MAX. The only differences between them are the number of channels and inclusion of the HBO Max + Cinemax bundle. You can also watch the catch-ups for the recent episodes of CN shows on-demand.
AT&T TV NOW also gives users 500 hours of cloud DVR storage and simultaneous streaming on up to three devices. No more fights for the remote!
Hulu + Live TV
You can stream the linear Cartoon Network TV channel on your Roku with a Hulu + Live TV subscription. Other than that, it packs 65+ channels and Hulu’s complete streaming library. From there, you can stream almost every Cartoon Network original show on-demand, season by season. Note that there will be advertisements in between the stream playback.
Hulu + Live TV limits the simultaneous stream count to only two devices, and you get 50 hours of recording time. However, both of the following features can be upgraded with add-ons.
Sling is known for its affordable live TV plans: Sling Blue and Blue Orange. Both of them include the Cartoon Network channel, even though the rest of the channel lineup is completely different. In case you are wondering, the Sling Orange + Blue plan also has the channel.
Other perks include ten hours of DVR space and up to four concurrent streams (three with Blue, one with Orange). You will also get to watch the catch-ups of every show on the channel.
YouTube TV is relatively premium compared to other live TV providers above, but it does have the best channel lineup. Fortunately, it also includes Cartoon Network. You can watch the channel live and steam up to a month of catch-up VODs on the service.
You also get free unlimited cloud storage space for DVR recordings and the option to watch YouTube TV on up to three screens at the same time. Up to six individual user profiles can be created as well.
Read More articles about Roku
- How to Watch Anime on Roku
- Watch Paramount Plus on Roku
- How to Activate & Watch AMC on Roku
- How to Watch NBC on Roku
This guide covers every bit of information you’ll need to watch Cartoon Network on Roku. It’s worth mentioning that AT&T TV NOW, Hulu, Sling, and YouTube TV is still not available as a participating TV provider on the Cartoon Network Roku channel, meaning that you won’t be able to activate it with any of the subscriptions.
The following channel and live TV services are compatible with all the current-gen Roku devices.