This guide will tell you about the DAZN streaming service and show how to install and activate DAZN on Roku. We will also briefly introduce you to the DAZN Roku channel’s user interface.
The vast majority of smart TV users sign up for streaming services that offer a non-exhaustive catalog of movies and shows, such as Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Disney+, and many more. While their ever-growing libraries have a lot to offer, none of them provide access to sports content.
Even a few years ago, it was near impossible to stream sports events online on a subscription basis. Fast forward to the present, sports streaming services have caught up with the rest, and DAZN is one of them. It’s created for the niche audience that loves to watch nothing but sports-centric content on their big screens.
If you have a Roku streaming player or TV, you may wonder whether you can get DAZN on Roku or not. Thankfully, it’s officially available on most Roku devices, making it simpler for users to stream live sports without a cable subscription.
What does the DAZN On Roku Offer?
DAZN is an over-the-top sports streaming platform that primarily focuses on live and on-demand sports content. It currently servers 200+ countries in the North American, Latin American, European, Middle-Eastern, and Asia-Pacific regions, making it one of the largest subscription-based sports streaming services in the market.
DAZN has spent billions to acquire the rights to 100+ sports events in different countries. If you are from the United States, you can watch thousands of hours of live sports broadcasts from dozens of sports leagues, tournaments, and promotion companies, including AFC Asian Cup, AFC Champions League, Caribbean Premier League, Weber Cup, Bellator MMA, Golden Boy, Matchroom Sport, World Boxing Super Series, Extreme Fighting Championship, GGG Promotions, Major League Wrestling, etc.
In Canada, DAZN gives Roku users live access to every Serie A, La Liga, and NFL regular-season games, as well as premium boxing and MMA events.
If you miss out on the live broadcast, DAZN also offers full-length replays on-demand. Additionally, its library is stacked with an extensive collection of original sports-centric shows, short films, and documentaries. Everything is included with the subscription.
Speaking of the subscription, you can choose between monthly and annual tiers, at least in the United States, Canada, and select European countries. DAZN U.S. subscribers are required to pay $19.99/month and $99.99/year.
It’s worth mentioning that the availability of certain sports content in DAZN entirely depends on where you live. For instance, the UEFA Champions League and UFC events are available in DAZN Germany, but they are not found in the American DAZN. The same applies to the subscription price as well, which is vastly different across regions.
Features of DAZN Roku Channel
- The DAZN Roku channel offers access to the biggest catalog of live and on-demand sports content.
- You can stream your favorite sports events in up to 1080p Full HD quality, which is significantly better than cable TV broadcasts.
- It allows you to rewind and pause live streams so that you never miss out on the action.
- The channel lets you set reminders for live sports broadcasts and enable closed captions.
- If you have two Roku devices in your house, you can log in and enjoy DAZN on both of them with only one subscription.
How to Get DAZN on Roku?
You can add the DAZN channel to your Roku device right now by going to the DAZN Channel Store page from a new tab in your browser and clicking the “Add Channel” button.
However, you will need to log into your Roku account to remotely add the channel to your device. Also, it takes a couple of minutes before the DAZN channel shows up on your Roku home screen.
Alternatively, you can simply follow the instructions below to add DAZN to your Roku device using the remote.
- First, go to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home (⌂) key on your remote.
- Navigate through the home screen options and click Streaming Channels.
- On the following Channel Store page, you should see the DAZN channel listed in the “Featured” section. If it isn’t there, move to the left sidebar and click Search Channels.
- In the search menu, type “DAZN” using the virtual keyboard. As you type the channel name, it should appear as the top result on the screen’s right side.
- Scroll to the right and choose the DAZN Roku channel from the results.
- When you finally are on the DAZN channel’s description page, click the Add channel You may have to enter your Roku account PIN in case you have it enabled.
- Once DAZN is successfully added to your channel list, click OK and return to the Roku home screen.
The most recently added Roku channels usually appear at the bottom of the channel list, so you will be able to launch DAZN from there as well.
If you wish to move it among the top row of the list, highlight it and press the ✱ button on your Roku remote. Then, click Move channel and use the remote’s navigation buttons to change the channel’s position.
How to Sign up for DAZN?
Fortunately, signing up for DAZN is a straightforward process. However, it may vary depending on your region. Still, you might find the following steps helpful:
- Visit dazn.com from your web browser, scroll down, and click the “Sign Up” button below the DAZN subscription you wish to pay for.
- On the next page, enter your name, email address, and a unique password to create your DAZN account, then click Continue.
- Now fill in the respective fields with your payment details and continue. You may also go with PayPal to pay for the subscription.
- If you have a DAZN gift card, enter the code on the payments page and hit Apply.
Once the payment goes through successfully, you will receive a confirmation mail from DAZN at the provided email address. Note that you won’t get billed for the subscription immediately in case DAZN offers a free trial for a limited period.
While you can log into the DAZN channel with your Roku account, we recommend signing up for the service from the official website, as shown above. In that case, you can use your DAZN subscription on other devices as well.
How to Activate the DAZN Roku Channel?
To activate the DAZN Channel on roku, you will need to link it with the DAZN account you signed up for earlier. Here’s how to do it:
- Start with opening DAZN from the channel list on the Roku home screen. Then, click SIGN IN on the welcome screen.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the same email address and password you used for the DAZN account.
- At last, click the SIGN IN button at the bottom to log into your DAZN account.
Upon successful login, you will get full access to DAZN’s live and on-demand sports library on your Roku device. Bear in mind that you won’t be able to play anything from the catalog once your subscription expires.
Similar – Watch CBS All Access on Roku
A Quick Look at the DAZN Channel’s Interface
Once you manage to sign into the DAZN Roku channel, you get access to four different menus: Home, Schedule, Sports, and Search. You can access them from the top navigation row.
The Home page allows you quickly access the ongoing sports events, trending shows, and highlights. You can also browse through personalized collections and get a glimpse of upcoming fights and matches. Besides, the Home page opens up by default whenever you launch the DAZN on Roku.
The Schedule menu is basically a TV calendar that lets you view DAZN’s scheduled live broadcasts by dates. You can also filter the listings by different sports and content type.
From the Sports library, you can browse through all the live and on-demand sports content DAZN has to offer, whether it’s boxing archives, original series, or documentaries. Plus, the Search menu is always available for manual searches.
Sports fans love DAZN for how much value it offers, and you will appreciate it too. After all, it’s one of the biggest sports streaming services in the market right now.
From football, rugby, basketball, baseball to combat sports, boxing, and wrestling, you can enjoy all of DAZN’s offerings on Roku by following the detailed instructions above in this guide.
Once again, the price of a DAZN subscription varies wildly by region, so does the content availability. Make sure to visit DAZN’s official website to learn more about what you get to stream on the service.
At the time of writing, DAZN is officially compatible with Roku Express, Express+, Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Streaming Stick, Streaming Stick+, Roku Ultra, and the newer Roku TV models.