The following tutorial will show you How to watch IMDb TV on Roku. The Internet Movie Database, also known as IMDb, is an Amazon-owned online database service that keeps track of information associated with movies, TV shows, documentaries, online web series, video games, etc.
It includes all the details regarding cast, crew, plot, synopsis, personal bios, alongside ratings, reviews, trivia, and more. There’s no doubt that you have visited IMDb at least once to learn about your favorite movies and shows.
However, most of you probably haven’t heard of IMDb’s streaming service before. It’s called IMDb TV, an ad-supported service exclusively available for U.S. residents.
Recent reports suggest that the service attracts over a million unique visitors every day, which is surprisingly high compared to other ad-supported VOD services.
IMDb TV works on all Amazon Fire TV devices, Roku, smart TVs, mobile devices, game consoles, web browsers, and several other streaming media players. Let’s get started with the installation process of IMDB on Roku.
Can I Get IMDb TV on Roku?
While IMDb TV is not available as a standalone channel on the Roku Channel Store, Roku users can still access the service via the Prime Video Roku channel.
In case you didn’t know, Prime Video is Amazon’s flagship video-on-demand streaming service. It has partnered with dozens of film and television network providers to bring exclusive channels to its streaming library.
For obvious reasons, IMDb TV is also included in the extensive list of Prime Video channels.
Unlike other Prime Video channels, IMDb TV doesn’t require users to pay an additional fee on top of the existing Prime Video subscription. In fact, you won’t even need to get a Prime Video subscription to watch the movies and shows from the IMDb TV channel, as its entire content catalog is ad-supported.
On a current-gen Roku device, you can watch IMDb TV’s on-demand content in up to 1080p Full HD quality, with support for 5.1 surround sound and Dolby Atmos. Closed captions (subtitles) are also available.
Add Prime Video on Roku to get IMDb TV
The Prime Video Roku channel can be added from the Roku Channel Store. You can do it right now by going to this Prime Video Roku Channel link and hitting the Add Channel button. You will then be prompted to log in to your Roku account.
Else, go through the following steps to get the Prime Video channel directly from your Roku device:
- Start with turning on your Roku device. Let it load to the Roku Home screen and auto-connect to your home network first.
- After that, use the Roku remote to go down to Streaming Channels on the Home screen and click it.
- Now scroll down the following Roku Channel Store menu to select the Search Channels Do this only if you don’t see Prime Video in the featured list of channels.
- Search for “Prime Video” using the keyboard. Once the search results appear, go to the other side of the menu and select the Prime Video
- Click Add Channel on the next page to add Prime Video to your Roku channels list. Also, enter the Roku account PIN if required.
Once the channel is added, return to the channels list on the Roku Home screen and scroll down to the end to launch it. You can also move Prime Video to the top by pressing ✱ on the remote and clicking the Move channel option.
Check – Watch CBS All Access on Roku
Watch IMDb TV on Roku with Prime Video
Now that you have successfully added Prime Video to the channels list on your Roku device, you are pretty much ready to stream. But first, you will have to sign in to the channel with your Amazon account. Assuming that you already have one, simply follow the steps below.
- Open the Prime Video channel on your Roku player.
- Next, click the Sign In option on the channel’s page. You can then choose to either enter your Amazon account credentials or generate an activation code to make the login process hassle-free.
- If you choose to go with the activation code, visit amazon.com/mytv from another device. It will require you to sign in to your Amazon account and enter the code shown in the Prime Video Roku channel, then click Register Device.
- Once your Roku device is linked to your Amazon account, click Continue. You will be redirected to the Home page of the Prime Video Roku channel.
You can now search for the IMDb TV channel in Prime Video and stream from its extensive library of ad-supported movies and shows on Roku. Make sure to add it to your Prime Video channels lineup for quicker access.
What can you watch on IMDb TV?
IMDb TV has an appealing library of cult classic films, such as The Boondock Saints, Donnie Darko, Apocalypse Now, and many more. Other renowned titles include Twilight, The Hunger Games, Fury, Catch Me If You Can, etc. New Hollywood movies are also added every month on the platform.
IMDb TV is also home to popular TV shows, such as Schitt’s Creek, Chicago Fire, Fringe, Parenthood, Lost, Unforgettable, Midsomer Murders, Spartacus, American Pickers, Leverage, The Outpost, Dallas, Missing, Kitchen Nightmares, Everwood, Mad Men, etc.
You can browse through a dozen genres of shows and pick up your favorites for streaming. Plenty of documentary movies and limited series are also available on IMDb TV.
Read – How to Watch Twitch on Roku
Since its launch in 2019, IMDb TV has established itself as one of the best ad-supported streaming services in the United States. It has thousands of quality shows, movies, and documentaries to offer, all of it for free and just a few tolerable advertisements. Hopefully, our guide has helped you and other users watch IMDb TV on Roku.
Except for select Roku 2 (2720X), Roku 3 (4230X), and Roku Streaming Stick (3400X, 3500X) models, all Roku devices are compatible with the Prime Video channel, including Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra, TVs, Soundbars, etc.