Paramount+ supports the same devices as its former self, including all the Roku players and TVs that haven’t been out of service yet. If you are looking forward to trying out Paramount Plus on Roku, our in-depth guide will help you out in every step.
With the ever-growing popularity of streaming platforms, almost every major television network or media production company is busy announcing its own subscription-based streaming services. While more options are always considered better, it has become a nuisance for many users.
On top of that, CBS All Access has been recently relaunched as Paramount+ in the United States, Canada, and Latin American countries, raising some questions among existing and new subscribers. However, there’s nothing to be confused about. It’s basically a rebrand that’s part of strategic growth and international expansion.
Introduction to the Paramount Plus on Roku
The Paramount+ streaming service provides access to mostly the same content library as CBS All Access. It includes thousands of movies from Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures, CBS Films, MGM, and an extensive catalog of TV shows from BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Smithsonian Channel.
However, the relaunch also brings fresh content to the table, including dozens of original films and series. New theatrical releases from Paramount Pictures are also slated to premiere on the Paramount+ streaming service.
Paramount+ has acquired exclusive streaming rights to various sports events to make its offerings more attractive. You can stream UEFA Champions League, Europa League, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, NFL on CBS, SEC on CBS, The PGA Championship, and the National Women’s Soccer League live and on-demand. Additionally, the service lets you tune into hundreds of matches from CONCACAF, LPF, and Brazilian Championship A Series soccer events with English commentary.
Like its former self, Paramount+ also lets you watch your local CBS-affiliate TV station, as well as CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, and ET Live. Plus, you can catch up with the latest episodes from your favorite CBS news programs and sports replays/highlights on-demand.
Paramount+ currently offers two subscription plans, one with limited commercials and another with no commercials. You can pay for them on a monthly or annual basis. It’s worth noting that you will see promotional breaks on the live channels and select syndicated shows regardless of the plan you choose.
- The Paramount+ Roku channel opens the door to thousands of on-demand movies, TV shows, and original programming.
- It offers live sports and news streams, with access to local CBS stations and on-demand replays.
- A selection of films and shows on Paramount+ is available in up to 4K with HDR and Dolby Vision. However, you must have a 4K-enabled Roku player and a compatible TV.
- You can toggle subtitles or closed captions for every Paramount+ content. It’s also possible to change the font size, color, and text background.
- The channel offers content recommendations tailored to your viewing preferences.
How to Add Paramount Plus on Roku?
Paramount Plus officially supports Roku devices, and you can get it from the following Channel Store link. Note that you will have to sign in with the same Roku account linked to your Roku device.
If you already have “CBS All Access” on your channel list, highlight it and press the Options (✱) button on your Roku remote, then click the Check for updates option. In a few moments, you should see Paramount+ instead of the older CBS All Access channel tile in the grid.
Those who want to add the Paramount Plus channel from Roku’s built-in Channel Store can perform the following steps:
- First, go to the Streaming Channels menu from the Roku Home screen.
- Next, visit the Movies & TV section from the following menu, followed by choosing Paramount Plus in the list.
(In case you can’t find the channel, head over to the Search Channels menu instead. You can use the on-screen keyboard to enter “Paramount Plus” in the field.)
- Click Add channel once you are on the Paramount Plus channel info screen. Confirm your Roku PIN if asked.
- When added successfully, click OK to close the message box and then return to your Roku Home screen.
You should find Paramount Plus at the bottom of your channel list. To move the channel to the top, go to its Options menu and click Move channel.
How to Sign Up for Paramount Plus?
Before you proceed to launch Paramount Plus on Roku, consider signing up for its subscription if you haven’t already.
Although you can use Roku Pay to purchase the plan directly from your Roku device, we recommend getting it from the official website so that you can stream Paramount Plus on other devices as well. Here’s what you have to do:
- First, go to www.paramountplus.com from a new tab in your web browser.
- Click or tap the Try It Free button on the introductory Paramount Plus website.
- Select Continue on the next screen, followed by choosing your Paramount+ subscription plan.
- Continue with creating your Paramount+ account. Make sure to enter your email and other personal details carefully. We advise you to use a unique password to keep your account secure.
- After that, review your subscription plan and select your payment method.
Enter your billing credentials if you choose to checkout with a credit/debit card.
- Finally, click the Start Paramount+ button at the bottom of the payments page.
Once you verify your payment method or pay for the Paramount+ subscription, check your mail inbox for confirmation. If your plan includes a trial offer, the service will charge you right after its expiration.
How to Activate Paramount Plus on Roku?
Now that you have your Paramount+ subscription, activating the Paramount Plus channel on Roku is pretty straightforward. The entire process goes as follows:
- Start with opening Paramount+ from your channel list on the Home screen.
- Click Close on the welcome screen to proceed to the Paramount+ Home page.
- Press the left directional button on your Roku remote to open the sidebar, then select Settings at the bottom.
- Move on to Sign In Options in the Settings menu, followed by selecting Sign In to Paramount+ > On my TV.
- After that, type in your email address and password you used to sign up for the Paramount+ subscription earlier.
- Finally, click Sign In and wait for the channel to log you in.
Once you activate the Paramount Plus channel on Roku, it will prompt you to pick up at least three shows for personalized recommendations. Then you can add individual family profiles and set up parental controls from the “Manage Profiles” menu.
An Overview of Paramount Plus Roku Channel
The Paramount Plus Roku channel shares almost the same interface as previously seen on CBS All Access, albeit with a few notable changes. As usual, the Home page opens by default when you launch the channel and choose a viewing profile.
The left sidebar is the main navigation bar that allows you to cycle between the following menus: Search, Home, Shows, Movies, Live TV, News, and Brands. You also get to Switch Profiles and go to the Settings menu from the sidebar’s bottom end. Here’s more about the individual Paramount+ menus explained in detail:
- Search: It lets you manually search for movies, TV shows, originals, and other content in the Paramount+ library.
- Home: This is your central portal for personalized suggestions. It also shows you featured and trending content, with quick access to live TV and sports broadcasts. Furthermore, you can browse through curated collections.
- Shows: It allows you to explore all the shows available on the service. You can also sort the catalog by a specific genre of your preference.
- Movies: It’s the same as the previous menu, but you get access to the service’s extensive movie library instead.
- Live TV: You can tune into the service’s 24/7 linear television channels and view the schedule.
- News: You can stream live news broadcast on CBSN and the latest news clips on-demand. Plus, you can watch replays of your favorite news programs on CBS.
- Brands: From here, you get to choose one of the service’s leading content providers and go through its featured offerings.
If you would like to view your account information, toggle autoplay, set up parental controls, and change your local live TV station, go to the Settings menu. You can enable closed captions from the player.
When you select a sports event in the Paramount+ library, you can also check out its live schedule and stream the match replays/extended highlights on-demand.
Paramount Plus on Roku offers an expansive library of on-demand movies and shows across many genres, alongside live sports and news coverage. It’s a significant improvement over CBS All Access, with more original programming for subscribers to explore.
Whether you are an avid Star Trek fan or a soccer maniac, Paramount Plus is a must-have on your Roku. If you find this guide helpful, be sure to check out our other posts on various Roku channels. Please also consider leaving your feedback and questions in the comments!