Peacock is officially available for Roku devices. If you are looking forward to trying out the Peacock TV Roku channel, perhaps take a look at this guide. It will help you add and activate Peacock TV on Roku.
Peacock is NBCUniversal’s newest attempt at an over-the-top streaming service which is not only ad-supported but also subscription-based. Alongside it, the company is still operating its TV Everywhere services for NBC and its sister channels, including Bravo, E!, SYFY, Oxygen, Telemundo, etc.
Unlike the following TVE services from NBCUniversal, Peacock doesn’t require a provider login. It offers standalone subscription plans an extensive library of movies and shows, with the free-tier offering thousands of hours of on-demand content. It also offers live channels and sports content, with more to come in the near future.
What does Peacock TV on Roku Offer?
The Peacock TV Roku channel offers hundreds of movies and hit series, as well as documentaries and exclusive originals. The library consists of content from NBCUniversal-owned television networks and film studios, such as NBC, Universal Pictures, and Universal Television.
Apart from that, Peacock offers a big library of Telemundo Spanish series and kids programming from the Universal Kids channel.
Peacock also has third-party content providers like A&E, History, Lionsgate, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., etc. Soon after its launch, Cinedigm also licensed hundreds of films and TV shows to Peacock.
Those who wish to have a traditional broadcast programming experience will find Peacock appealing as well. The service currently offers 30+ linear channels, with programming sourced from NBC and its sister networks. You can watch the news and late-night shows too.
Peacock also carries a limited amount of sports programming. Premier League Pass on NBC Sports Gold was discontinued in favor of the Peacock Premium plan.
You can now stream 175 non-televised Premier League games per season, with on-demand replays of all matches. Furthermore, NBC’s coverage of the Olympic Games is scheduled to be streamed on Peacock, alongside plans to broadcast the opening and closing ceremonies exclusively on the service.
The best thing about Peacock is– You can watch thousands of hours of movies and shows, plus news and sports content for free. However, you can pay for Peacock Premium to unlock the complete on-demand library, Peacock Originals, and live sports streams.
If you are willing to spend $5 more for Peacock Premium Plus, you get everything included in the Peacock Premium plan, but with zero advertisements in between.
It’s worth mentioning that the Peacock channels and select on-demand content will still contain advertisements due to streaming rights. Both premium Peacock plans are bundled with a 7-day free trial.
Features of Peacock TV Roku Channel
- You can enjoy hundreds of movies from studios like DreamWorks Animation, Focus Features, and Universal.
- Peacock TV also offers countless hours of binge-worthy television shows and the latest episodes from your favorite NBC programs.
- It includes live news broadcasts from CNBC, MSNBC, NBC News, and E! News to keep you updated with current events.
- You can stream 30+ Peacock channels for a linear television experience.
- Peacock is primarily free for all U.S. residents, with no credit card required whatsoever. However, you may sign up for Peacock Premium for full access to its streaming catalog.
How to Get Peacock TV on Roku?
You can get Peacock on your Roku device right now from the Peacock TV Channel Store page. Once you log in with the same Roku account linked to your Roku player or TV, you will be able to add the Peacock TV channel remotely.
If you are currently in front of your TV with Roku connected to the internet, follow the steps below to get Peacock TV on Roku.
- First, press the Home (⌂) button on your Roku remote to go to the Home page, then navigate down and click Streaming Channels.
- In case you don’t see Peacock TV in the Featured section, select Search Channels on the menu.
- Now use the virtual keyboard to input “Peacock” in the search field.
- Make sure to choose Peacock TV from the results panel next to the search option.
- Click Add channel on Peacock TV’s Channel Store page. You may have to enter your Roku PIN to confirm adding the channel.
- Once Peacock TV is added successfully, click OK and return to the Home page.
You can open Peacock TV from the channel grid on the Roku Home page. To move it in the grid, press the asterisk (✱) button on the remote and click Move channel. You should be able to move it freely in the channel grid.
How to Sign up for a Peacock Subscription?
To access Peacock’s free content, all you have to do is sign up for an account from peacocktv.com with your email address. However, if you want to purchase the Peacock Premium subscription, check out the following instructions:
- Go to peacocktv.com from a new tab and click Get Started.
- Enter your email address and a strong password, then click Create Account to sign up for a Peacock account.
- Now click the profile icon on the upper-right corner and select Account.
- In the Plans & Payment tab, click the Upgrade to Premium.
- After that, click Start 7-Day Free Trial under the Peacock Premium plan to wish to pay for. (You can check out the Annual Plans from the option at the bottom-right corner.)
- Enter your credit card details and other billing information in the following fields, then click Pay Now. You may also check out with PayPal.
Once you confirm your payment method, your 7-day free trial of Peacock Premium will be activated. Your card will get charged for the subscription once the trial expires. However, you should be able to cancel it from the Account page.
If you are a Cox or Xfinity subscriber, you can link your provider account from the Plans & Payment tab to enjoy Peacock Premium at no extra cost.
Guide to Activate Peacock TV on Roku
Whether you signed up for a free Peacock account or paid for the Peacock subscription, you can easily activate the Peacock TV Roku channel. Here’s how:
- Start with launching Peacock TV from the Roku Home page.
- Next, click the Sign In button on the upper-right side of the welcome screen.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the email and password you used to sign up for your Peacock account.
- Finally, click Sign In to log in to the Peacock TV Roku channel.
Once you are logged in, you should be able to access the Peacock library, enjoy its live channels, and stream the on-demand movies and shows.
If you are on the free tier, follow the section above to sign up for a Peacock Premium subscription.
A Brief Introduction to Peacock TV Roku Channel
The Peacock TV Roku channel has a minimal and intuitive user interface, with the navigation panel always accessible from the top of the screen. It consists of the Search and Profile options, as well as the following tabs: Channels, Trending, Browse, Movies, TV Shows, Latino, Sports, News, and Kids.
From the Browse tab, you can discover Peacock’s handpicked collections of originals, films, TV shows, and documentaries. You can also resume watching a movie or TV show episode from the Continue Watching row. The other tabs are self-explanatory, each offering dozens of collections to scroll through.
The Channels tab gives you access to the Peacock channels, which we have discussed earlier. You can watch channels like NBC News Now, Sky News, Premier League TV, Today All Day, fuse XL, SNL Vault, Tastemade, etc. Closed captions are available for all the Peacock channels.
That’s how you can add and activate Peacock TV on Roku. Alongside services like Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video, Peacock is an excellent streaming channel for watching on-demand content on Roku devices.
Peacock TV currently supports Roku 2, 3, 4, Streaming Stick, Express, Premier, and Ultra players, plus Roku TV and Smart Soundbars. Bear in mind that the device compatibility may change in the future.