If you are searching for the best way to browse Pinterest on Roku devices then you should definitely check out this article.
Pinterest is a visual bookmarking platform where users get to discover “ideas” or other information and save them for later. It also allows sharing images, GIFs, and videos on a smaller scale in the form of “Pins.” Although it isn’t as big as Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking platforms, Pinterest currently logs over 400 million monthly active users.
Now, if you are an avid Pinterest user, you would certainly like the idea of having more screen real estate when browsing through pins on your home feed. After all, the more information you have on the screen, the better chances you have to find something useful to save.
Many of you also happen to have a Roku streaming device, raising the question of whether it’s possible to browse Pinterest on Roku devices. Those who are interested should read through this article to learn more about Pinterest on Roku.
Is Pinterest Available on Roku?
If you are thinking about an official Pinterest Roku channel, then definitely not. However, there are a few other ways you can browse Pinterest on your Roku, provided that you have supported devices.
That shouldn’t be a problem considering you already use Pinterest on a phone, tablet, or computer. If your end goal is to get a better and immersive home feed view, all you have to do is mirror your existing device’s screen to your Roku device. Fortunately, the process is pretty straightforward– no matter what device you use.
Get Pinterest on Roku Using an Android Phone or Tablet
If you use Pinterest on your Android phone or tablet, you can mirror it to your Roku device in no time. Thanks to Roku’s built-in screen mirroring functionality, the whole process takes less than a minute.
However, if you haven’t ever gotten the chance to use your Roku’s screen mirroring functionality before, there are a couple of things you need to check first:
- Your Android and Roku devices must be on the same Wi-Fi or home network for screen mirroring to work.
- Note that poor wireless reception affects the mirroring quality, so make sure both your devices are within a few meters of range.
- Go to the Settings > System > Screen mirroring menu on your Roku and set the screen mirroring mode to either Prompt or Always allow. Ignore if it’s already enabled.
- Ensure your Roku is running Roku OS 7.7 or above. Go to Roku’s support page to confirm if your device actually supports screen mirroring.
- For good measure, update the Pinterest app to the latest version from Play Store or Amazon Appstore if you haven’t already.
When you are ready, perform the following steps to mirror the Pinterest Android app to your Roku device:
- Visit Settings from the app drawer on your Android phone or tablet.
- Now head over to the Display or Connected Devices settings menu and search for the Cast or Mirroring
(In case you can’t find it, go back to the main Settings page and use the search bar above.)
- Once you are on the Cast or Mirroring menu, toggle the feature on and wait for your device to scan for compatible displays or receivers.
- Choose your Roku device from the scan results, then Allow the pairing request on your Roku.
(If you set screen mirroring mode to “Always allow,” the pairing will take place immediately.)
- Once your Roku starts showing your Android device’s screen, launch the Pinterest app from your home page or app drawer and start browsing.
To get the most out of the larger screen real estate you get on your TV, ensure to rotate and hold your Android phone or tablet in landscape mode. It will fill most of the black borders and result in a better view of your pinboard.
Screen mirroring is available on most Android devices running 5.0 Lollipop or later. However, various manufacturers name the option differently, including but not limited to Smart View, AllShare Cast, Wireless Display, Quick Connect, etc.
Generally, you can also access the mirroring option from the quick settings section in the notification shade.
Get Pinterest on Roku Using an iPhone or iPad
Due to Apple’s stricter ecosystem, your iPhone or iPad doesn’t work with Roku’s built-in screen mirroring protocol. However, it will work only if you got one of those AirPlay-compatible Roku players or TVs. Here’s a list of them:
- Roku Premiere (3920, 4620, 4630)
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810, 3811)
- Roku Ultra (4640, 4660, 4661, 4662, 4670, 4800)
- Roku Streambar
- Roku Smart Soundbar
- Roku TV (models starting with A, C, and 7)
You can determine your Roku device’s model number from Settings > System > About. If you have one of the following devices with Roku OS 9.4 (or later) installed, you are in luck.
All you have to do is connect your iPhone/iPad to the same network as your Roku and follow the below instructions to mirror the Pinterest app:
- Swipe down your Home screen’s top-right corner to open the Control Center.
(You must swipe up from the bottom if you have an iPhone SE, iPhone 8, or an older model.)
- Next, tap Screen Mirroring in Control Center. It will show you a list of nearby AirPlay-compatible receivers and other devices.
- Select your Roku in the list and then verify the AirPlay Code shown on your TV screen.
- When you see the mirrored feed, close Control Center and launch Pinterest from the Home screen.
Again, we recommend turning off Portrait Orientation Lock from the Control Center and holding your iPhone/iPad in landscape mode for the best possible Pinterest-browsing experience.
If you can’t see your supported Roku device in the Screen Mirroring menu, head over to the Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > AirPlay and HomeKit Settings menu and ensure that AirPlay is turned on.
Get Pinterest on Roku Using your Computer
If you find it simpler to use Pinterest on your desktop or laptop, consider mirroring its screen to Roku for a better view of your Pinterest home feed. Whether you use a Windows PC or a Mac, follow the instructions that correspond to your setup:
- Before you proceed, make sure your Windows PC is connected to the same network router as your Roku device.
- After that, open the Action Center from the far-right corner of the taskbar.
- Expand the action tiles at the bottom of the Action Center bar and select Connect.
- Choose your Roku model in the Connect menu, then accept the mirroring request on the device.
- Once you can see your desktop’s duplicated feed on the TV, launch the Pinterest Windows app or open its web version through your preferred browser.
When you are done browsing through your Pinterest feed, you can stop the screen mirroring from the Action Center.
See – Stream Audible on Roku
Like iPhone and iPad, Mac computers only support screen mirroring over Apple’s proprietary AirPlay protocol. Thus, you must have a Roku player or TV that supports the feature. We have already shown a list of AirPlay 2-compatible Roku devices above.
- Click the Control Center logo on the menu above your Mac desktop screen.
- Next, select the Screen Mirroring option from the drop-down menu.
- Assuming your Roku is on the same home network as your Mac computer, you should be able to select it from the following box.
- Now enter the AirPlay Code prompted on the Roku interface and wait for a few seconds.
- When your Roku starts showing your Mac desktop’s screen, launch the Pinterest app or go to pinterest.com from Safari.
How to Get Pinterest on Roku TV
The above workarounds should work flawlessly, even if you have a smart TV with Roku built-in. Those who don’t like the idea of going through so many steps to mirror Pinterest on Roku from another device wirelessly should consider using an HDMI cable instead.
Most Windows desktops and laptops got an HDMI port. You can use a separate USB Type-C hub if you have one of those new MacBooks from Apple. Select Android devices also support display output over MHL cables.
However, you will need Apple’s Lightning Digital AV Adapter or USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to get a wired display output from your iPhone or iPad to your Roku TV.
This is how you can get Pinterest on Roku. Although it would have been great to have an official Pinterest Roku channel, the solutions featured in this article are your only options; at least at the time of writing.
If Pinterest ever officially makes its way to Roku devices in some other form, we will update this guide with new information. In the meantime, be sure to check out the other Roku guides here.